Top 20 Attractions in Kennebunkport, ME
1) Walk to Kennebunkport village and explore the many fine shops, galleries and restaurants; wander to the harbor for yachts and lobster boats.
2) Drive by stately summer homes. We’ll point you to Walker Point – the summer digs of George and Barbara Bush.
3) Walk tree line streets showcasing 18th and 19th century architecture built by merchants and sea captains.
4) Build sand castles, swim or comb the beach. Read about Kennebunkport’s fabulous beach options here.
5) Take a bike ride along scenic coastal routes. We’ll be happy to point the way!
6) Visit Cape Porpoise, the quintessential Maine working harbor, home port to lobstermen and fishermen.
8) Maine is known for its Lighthouses; ask the cottagekeeper for a lighthouse driving tour map – and don’t forget to bring your camera!
9) Take an architectural walking tour, including a National Register Historical District Village Walk.
11) Visit fine antique shops, auction houses and old bookstores.
12) Dine in style or rough it in a lobster shack. Check out our recommended restaurants.
13) Fish off the breakwater or a charter.
15) Let us get you tickets to our local entertainment venue, Vinegar Hill Music Theatre or to the Ogunquit Playhouse, rich in history and one of the country’s premier summer playhouses.
16) The area is a magnet for artists; visit their galleries.
17) Ride and explore antique trolleys from around the world at the Seashore Trolley Museum.
18) Play a match at one of a dozen tennis courts within ten minutes of Cabot Cove.
20) Stay put and enjoy the Cove.